It Friday the 13th, and I have been doing alot of thinking the last few days about something that a friend had written in his blog. He stated that all gay men are liars. I really didn't think that he was right, but I am starting to see some merit to his argument.
Maybe it because I was raised by parents that taught me to be truthful, no matter what the cost. I hate lies, they destroy so many good things, but being a gay men, I see and hear the effects of lies every day.
My relationship with Jason was based mostly on lies. His not mine. "I can't be gay and be in the military. " I wanted to believe him, but eventually I knew the truth, and that it wasn't that the military didn't accept him being gay but the fact was that he couldn't accept it. I feel that it was an expensive lesson.
As a country we lost some of our military men. What makes me literally sick to my stomach is when people say that these brave men died for OUR freedom. Since when have we been in a war with Afghanistan? They can't get an army together to defend their own country for God sakes, that is why we are an unwelcome guest in their country. That is why they are killing our countrymen in great numbers this week. In my opinion Canada let these brave men down, and they have paid the price. I beginning to have a new love for NDP leader Jack Layton, who has advocated that we pull our troops from Afghanistan. If we had done it before this week, these soliders would still be alive.
The sad part is we as a country lie not only to each other but to ourselves to try to rationalize our presence in a country where we are not obviously welcome.
Just my thoughts, although I realize that they are not popular......
When You look Into My Eyes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment